VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. I'm Bryce, I'm 16, and I don't own a Volkswagen yet. Although it's a 99% sure thing I'm getting a MK1 Caddy this summer once I get some money. The 1% chance that I don't would be if you all told me that it would be a terrible first car. But if it's not bad, I will try to get one, and then have fun with it. First and foremost, I'd get rid of the bumpers to help pay for some BBS RS lookalikes. I don't want the real deal, because that's just so much money. I'd rather get something like the early-90s Lincoln Town Car rims, but the bolt pattern is just barely off. Grrr. If you have any suggestions for stock rims of that style that will fit and that I could get with or without tires for under $300, that would be amazing. But enough about rims. I'd also lower it a bit, but not too much that it scrapes. At least not that much at first. And of course, I'd play around with the engine a lot. Maybe I'd get a GTI grille from a Rabbit if I'm ever lucky enough to find the right one cheap enough. But other than that, I don't really have any plans. I just want a fun and practical vehicle, and that's the most multi-purpose affordable one I can think of. Hopefully you'll all agree and help me out along the way. :)

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
best of luck to you.. first and foremost.

welcome to vwf.

for rs replicas check out privat wheels.. they just came out with a set of wheels that fit rs's all but to a T.. remember.. if bolt pattern is off.. u can run adapters and make em fit.

are you looking for a diesel caddy or a gas caddy? get your vehicle.. and we'll help you make her as baller as your wallet will allow.

sounds like your heading in the right direction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. :] I'll be sure to check those wheels out and maybe get them along with the Caddy. And yeah, I know that I could get adapters, but the cheapest and easiest it can get is the best. As for the engine, the little bit of environmentalist in me is demanding the diesel one, but I'd take the first one I can find for a reasonable price. Although, speaking of that stuff, what's the fuel economy like on those? I'm only assuming the diesel is better by the fact that they usually are, but I can't find any info on that.
And finally, I totally forgot to mention a couple details.
If I really love the car and have a lot of money, I'd get it painted like the Planet Express Ship from Futurama. But if I don't have that much money, I'd get this scene from Scott Pilgrim Volume 6 printed on the rear window if I could find a wide enough version:

But since it wasn't drawn wide enough, I probably never will find a wide one, it would look really tacky on the hood, and nothing else is square enough, so I guess I'm screwed. :/

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
why dont u just keep it even easier.. and do a complete tribute to it.. but not quite..

just rock the black and white theme..

theres a dude in bout 2 months ago in eurotuner.. who took an audi a3 avant.. and did a spy vs spy theme.. the whole car is white / black and under the hood on the engine cover he put the 2 spys..

check it out.. European Tuner Cars, Import Tuner and European Sport Cars - eurotuner Magazine

u can find it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is actually really cool. And I've always liked black and white on cars, anyway. You have definitely given me something to think about. Awesome. :D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Xoş. That's Azerbaijani for welcome. but it's so underground you've probably never heard of it. :D lol jk

Hope you find the caddy you want. I hope to own one one day too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heheheh. Don't let the name fool you. If I'm a hipster at all it's by chance, not choice. Sure I hate most "mainstream" things, I love obsolete retro electronics, and and I enjoy it when I know of something that no one else does, but I don't feel obligated to be that way. It's totally coincidence. Hell, I love Gorillaz, Weezer, and Green Day, and those are all very well-known. But enough about that.
Yeah, I can't wait to get one. :D One time I found a running one for $1200 that came with an extra engine and tranny, and the same guy was selling a sand rail that needed an engine and tranny for like $300. I was so tempted to buy them both and retrofit the extra stuff in the sand rail, but by now it's sold and I still don't even have a job. :(

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
hhaha i'm just givin ya shit cause of the name. i don't see many meme names lol

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
the way it should be lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heheh, totally.

So anyway, I never mentioned I live just outside of Atlanta, Goergia. If anyone knows of any Caddies for sale and/or VW clubs or shows or whatever around here, that would be pretty cool and stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts