VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha everyone.

I am new to this site. Just recently acquired a new car for myself :) I plan on restoring this car and keeping it as a daily driver with good power and gas if possible. My goal for power is prob around max 200hp for a while if possible with a single swap and little boost+.

Names Mike, I am a new proud owner of an 79 rabbit GTI :). Its in Okay condition. I wanted to ask what would be some good options. I kinda looked and searched around. Saw people saying all swaps before 1999 will be drop in. I want to go with a drop in turbo swap if there is an option for it. Just electrical work is fine. I saw something about a 1.8t. But that was all I saw. Didn't see a specific year or car of that kind. Unless there are parts I can buy and just turbo my motor but I would rather not because then I would have to go and prep and build it before the motor blows.

Some good feed back would be awesome :) Thank You so much people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:(

OK. I apologize for not knowing to much. So I searched a bit more and the 1.8t is a nice swap but takes a lot to do. Can anyone tell me what will be the easiest swap to do? That will benefit me in overall needs. Maybe even a place that sells Complete PnP swap kits?

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Hi MrMcQuacker welcome to vwforum as far as what you are thinking of undertaking it is a huge process and it is not as easy as most people think to swap a newer engine into an older car take a look here and do some research and see if your up to it if you have the mechanical know how it will be a really fun car when done a 20v rabbit is one of my dream builds heres some info as promised

VWVortex.com - The Official Mk1 20V post

1 - 4 of 4 Posts