VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just replaced all my coil packs and it stopped misfiring. but when i kinda get on the gas the rpms rev up and it doesnt pull. when i shift it catches perfectly fine. is this the clutch? i also just put my downpipe on. i dont see how there would be complications with that that would make it weaker? but i figured i would get input before i buy a new clutch

i also havent replaced my DV since its been chipped a little over a year ago
could it be that? not holding boost? please help

and if so recomendations for a good clutch kit? maybe a stage one?
thanks guy.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hm after doing more research.... running without o2 sensors causes a big powere loss? "run rich"
so putting o2 sensors back on should fix the problem? im so dumb =0

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sounds exactly like the problem I had, it was the clutch. Did the job myself, its a pain in the ass, have a buddy with you for sure. But saved me about a grand from what the stealership wanted for it. PM me if you need any advise.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
i havent decided if im goin with a stage 4 or a stage 5 yet

basicly the only difference is one is sprung and the other is solid.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
u havent experienced a true mk4 till u sit in a big turbo 1.8t and floor it

for me i was in the passenger seat and as soon as he let off the gas i was sold on the idea of a big turbo.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yea, but if your going to dump all that money into an MK4, you might as well buy a S4, 300ZX TT, Supra turbo, RX-7 Turbo II, Evo, or do a JZ swap in something. Then you will have something with real power. You will be running 10 seconds for half the price with RWD. Oh and I rode in a VRT that was pushing 450whp, that shit felt like a rocket ship.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
im strictly european cars now i havent bought any other imports for over 4 years now. and been thru 3 different dubs i just love em cant get enough so i dont mind spending 8k on a big turbo cams internals and all the hardware in the end its still a gti. but its a gti that can beat alot of cars on the road.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
For 8 grand you can buy a nice S4, chip, exhaust and maybe a few extras and you will be up to 400hp in no time, and it's a much nicer car. That's just my opinion. My uncle has 6 grand into a mustang and has 600hp at the wheels with spray, and that was only 6 grand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts