VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 2.0 Jetta Sedan and the EPC light is intermittently coming on. While it is on I notice a significant power loss and I can barely make it up any kind of incline. It happened for about 10 minutes last weekend and then did not happen for a week. All of my brake lights work (I know there are problems with the brake switch). My check engine light came on yesterday and I used a generic scanner to find that light to be related to an oxygen sensor.

I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow but can't afford a huge repair and don't want to get taken advantage of and I don't have a Vag-Com to use myself.:confused:

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Throttle? Engine Speed Sensor?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CEL is on but not flashing. The scanner showed that the sensor that is bad is Sensor 2 Bank 1. In my experience, concurrent problems tend to be related and sense I'm having the sensor replaced tomorrow for free (thank god for EPA mandated warranties!) it will solve the problem.
I don't have any mods on the car; everything is stock.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2005 2.0 Jetta Sedan and the EPC light is intermittently coming on. While it is on I notice a significant power loss and I can barely make it up any kind of incline. It happened for about 10 minutes last weekend and then did not happen for a week. All of my brake lights work (I know there are problems with the brake switch). My check engine light came on yesterday and I used a generic scanner to find that light to be related to an oxygen sensor.

I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow but can't afford a huge repair and don't want to get taken advantage of and I don't have a Vag-Com to use myself.:confused:

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Throttle? Engine Speed Sensor?

Thanks!
Generic scanner not good. I used an Ancel VD500 for VW ($50) and an OBD2 ($5)for live data.
It can be maybe just a broken hose, old, burned cable. Any oil licking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts