VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed ABD Silver Gauge faces. Being stupid I turned on the car with out the gauges plugged in. Now my car has a hard time starting, and when it does start it dies right away, even when you give it gas. WHAT DID I DO??? How do I fix????

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well..... Try this as a quick fix. Unplug the Negative wire for 10-15 min to reset the ECU. If that doesn't work then you might need a Vag-Com to see what's up.
jon

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I thought they don't start w/out the guages plugged in...I don't know what is wrong, but the resetting the ecu sounds like a very good start

·
Registered
223 Posts
I installed my abd silver gauge cluster had no prob with it just make sure the two wire connectors are pluged in right my friend did it and didnt click in the wires corectly and his AIRBAG light came on the autobarn charged him 65 bux to turn it off and the guy told him it was because he didnt click in the wires good. just make sure your wires are good. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Either of you guys have pictures of them?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried the battey thing no luck. Went out and bought a ACTRON OBD2 Autoscanner. Says it wont link. All the dash lights come on and everything. The only problem is that it wont stay running. Any other ideas???

PS I will post pics as soon as I fix the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts