VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

A little backstory:

A co-worker of mine has a 2019 Tiguan SE AWD and has been having one headache after another with it. Heater actuator gear fell out, leaky sunroof, intermittent wiper issues (the nut for the arm has unscrewed itself on more than one occasion), etc.

The stealership has been giving her the runaround and figuratively applying duct tape to "repair" these issues.

Most recently, her wipers began slowing down as she slows to a stop. The stealership said it's a feature when on intermittent mode. The car was in normal mode. She had shown video of it happening, and it's quite frankly not intended.

Yesterday, she found a metal ring looking piece on her cowl and has no idea what it is or where it came off of. I also am not sure. I have attached pictures. The first image is what I assume is the top and the second one is the bottom. Can anyone identify what this piece is and where it goes?

I'm pretty good with cars and have been working on them almost my whole life, but they've been mainly Chevys and other American cars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2013 Vw jetta 2.0L
5 Posts
the wipers slowing down at a stop happened on my jetta also, i had no way to actually turn it off. As for the wiper, I believe they should have a self locking washer under the bolt? Don't quote me though, hopefully things get better!

It looks like a washer of some sort, where about did you find it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts