VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am having a little trouble with a 1985 VW Van I got recently. I made a youtube video so maybe someone that knows about Volkswagen engines could listen to and let me know what might be wrong with it.
Thanks so much for any advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a video looking into the engine while revving the motor. I know there is a lot of stuff missing and wrong with the van. But it ran great for a couple weeks after the last mechanic worked on in Mexico.

I just want to get it running smooth again, where it doesn't want to stall. Then I will work on all of the other issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is a video looking into the engine while revving the motor. I know there is a lot of stuff missing and wrong with the van. But it ran great for a couple weeks after the last mechanic worked on in Mexico.

I just want to get it running smooth again, where it doesn't want to stall. Then I will work on all of the other issues.

I'd start by obtaining a Bentley manual for your vehicle then do a basic tuneup including checking valve clearances, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, distributor advance, engine timing, integrity of exhaust system for leaks, fuel lines, etc. The fuel and tank should also be looked at, the fuel could be stale and the tank may need to be cleaned out. Since the vehicle has an unknown maintenance background, a complete going over is needed. Lots of work I know but start with the simple stuff then work up to the more involved. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts