VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I throw my problem to the all knowing Forum, cause I only havea few ideas....

I have a 1999.5 GLS VR6, and I had a severe loss of power - almost like the engine was firing only 2 cylinders. It stayed this way for a bit. I waited and then it started fine and ran without a problem the next day. I've had this problem before, but never at such a degree. I'd step on the gas and my jetta would almost die, then pick up again. I first thought it was gas/ injectors, so I emptied the tank and put in some injector cleaner. Then I noticed this problem commonly occured when its been raining/snowing. I'm suspecting a bad coil or a bad fuel pump(worst case scenarios) but I heard you would have to smell rotten eggs out of the exhaust with a bad coil?!?! So then I thought maybe it is a bad Oxygen sensor? I checked the wires and plugs, theyall seem fine (unless there is a hairline crack somewhere)
Does anyone have any ideas? I'd appreciate your help.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sound like something is getting wet. Do a water test on the plug wires..

Get a spray bottle and fill with water and then spray all wires, but sorta do one wire at a time, i know its tough to due but that's the only way you would try to pinpoint the suspect wire. When and if there is a bad wire it would start skipping.

Hope this helps.
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts