VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all of you Mk3 owners out there. I've been enjoying myself reading what many of you have had to say on this forum. I need some advice. I have a 98 Jetta GL. Today, I am sad to say that my car has become an official Flintstone Mobile. I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to the technical stuff for cars but it seems to me as if the engine block may have gotten cracked. Right now, all of the oil has leaked out and there is no hope of even trying to attempt starting it up. At the time, the engine seemed to be knocking and it began driving rough. This all happened in just a span of a 5 minutes. It seems as if it is the end of my poor engine. May it rest in peace. Anyways, any of you know what would be the best place to look for an engine to swap for my recently departed engine. Preferable used engine of course, gotta stay on a budget. Along with that it seems my tranny has got problems. The reverse gear pops out, 2nd gear seemed to start grinding, and so forth.
Another question is should I see this as an opportunity to upgrade and if so what things should I look at replacing and so forth. I live in Plantation, Florida and I don't know of any of the places to go for reliable repairs to my car. Afterall we all know what a stupid mistake it would be to go to a dealership for this matter. Please point me in the right direction, cuz at this moment I'm kind of lost over the whole issue. So please give me your input. Any comments would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
First off, is your car lowered, or did you hit any big pot holes?
How many miles on it?

Go to a junkyard, they have tons of nice used 2.0 sitting in cars, i dont know why a block would just crack like that, but it has happened before...Sry I am not much help

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Damn!If you were in P.A. I could help you locate a 2.0 motor and trans.I am not any help to you being your in F.L. .I don't know if they can truck a motor and trans to you but heres a place to try.L+t enterprises in Allentown P.A. 1800-228-3895 .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts