VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows this sound, I'm going to pick up a 1.8T pop a nice blow off valve on there and a nice intercooler and gain some power off that. WOuld that would out good? ALso what brand intercooler and BOV would you recommend?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Intercooler isn't gonna do anything, unless you have a turbo upgrade....and about the BLOW OFF VALVE....guys..please tell him what it does...ayy sigh...

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
i agree...c'mon guys, i hate to make this sound vortex-ish, but look around first and try using the search function.

i dont mind answering questions, but jeez, it get annoying answering the same questions every new thread that pops up.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blahman240:
Hows this sound, I'm going to pick up a 1.8T pop a nice blow off valve on there and a nice intercooler and gain some power off that. WOuld that would out good? ALso what brand intercooler and BOV would you recommend?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like you have done little to no research on 1.8t tuning.

Why anyones first two mods would be a 200$ BOV and a 900$ FMIC is beoynd me.

Chip
CAI
Exhaust
Boost Guage are hands down the first mods any 1.8t should see.

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
NO....It's a GERMAN car.....If you want a blow off valve get a JAPANESE car....sorry but there is plenty of research you can do on the net, this question is asked weekly on every VW site...

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ivan:
NO....It's a GERMAN car.....If you want a blow off valve get a JAPANESE car....sorry but there is plenty of research you can do on the net, this question is asked weekly on every VW site...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, shut up. Some of the very best/Fastest VW's run BOV's. They are not bad if tunned properly. Don't go preaching about knowing what your talking about. Do some of your own research. Why would some people running close to 400hp run a BOV if it was that bad for their car. For the 10k they have into their engine?

Yes your BOV will work fine when you have a chip, you will need to tune it abit tighter tho.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gee I'm sorry I guess I missed the part where Blahman240 told us he was gonna spend 10k on his engine and wanted to safeguard it by installing a blowoff valve. YES Dakoda, you are right, it can be installed, your A4 is proof of that. My point is that it's not the common or recommended mod...I think that most would also agree it gets kinda old seeing the same thread topics...

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Sorry Ivan, kinda had a bad night lol

Agreed it's a bad idea for the 1.8t. But I don't care about the well being of my car...

I do not recomend them to anyone, but I also wouldn't turn anyone away from trying it. Unless you are totally performance minded you will loose a little power with a BOV but it will not damage your engine beoynd repair.
He is not planning on spending 10k on his engine, but I have seen people with fully built 1.8t's running BOVs.

Blahman is a newbie, hes is still influenced by the honda scene. My BOV barely works since my car is only making 2psi, once I replace my turbo I will be reinstalling my GFB hybrid valve.

Yes I do agree that I get tired of seeing the same post over and over about BOV's, we all do...and over the last week there has been a boom in BOV related questions...But as VWF grows there is going to be an increase of newbies. I love to teach people but sometimes we grow tried of people asking the same questions.

Sorry to jack the thread.
Sorry to be an asshole Ivan, no hard feelings

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cool dude no sweat, let us know when your car is fixed...

·
Registered
777 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
Sorry Ivan, kinda had a bad night lol

Agreed it's a bad idea for the 1.8t. But I don't care about the well being of my car...

I do not recomend them to anyone, but I also wouldn't turn anyone away from trying it. Unless you are totally performance minded you will loose a little power with a BOV but it will not damage your engine beoynd repair.
He is not planning on spending 10k on his engine, but I have seen people with fully built 1.8t's running BOVs.

Blahman is a newbie, hes is still influenced by the honda scene. My BOV barely works since my car is only making 2psi, once I replace my turbo I will be reinstalling my GFB hybrid valve.

Yes I do agree that I get tired of seeing the same post over and over about BOV's, we all do...and over the last week there has been a boom in BOV related questions...But as VWF grows there is going to be an increase of newbies. I love to teach people but sometimes we grow tried of people asking the same questions.

Sorry to jack the thread.
Sorry to be an asshole Ivan, no hard feelings
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the fast and furious fucked us all.... theres a black supra that rides around here blowing off like a cheap whore on bourben street, its 500hp (seen the sheet and hes a friend) and all the heads turn like crazy, when the m3 comes riding through grumbling nobody really notices, yea its a neat sound but thats what EVERYONE wants... if you want to make a funny noise buy a whistle tip (wooo WOOOO), but do somthing DIFFERENT then you will have somthing YOU like not a look at me piece of junk htat will be out of style in a year.... i love pulling up to civics that look fast and shoot flames, with their booming systems and neon lights, the blacked out jetta that nobody really notices lays the smackdown and just got noticed by someone!
he tells his buddies and so on and so on..... be DIFFERENT.. screw a BOV im writing all of this in humor... im not trying to be rude in any way...

·
Registered
500 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueRabbit0886:
i agree...c'mon guys, i hate to make this sound vortex-ish, but look around first and try using the search function.

i dont mind answering questions, but jeez, it get annoying answering the same questions every new thread that pops up.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't even have to search, just scoll down.

·
Registered
66 Posts
it sounds like youre really new to the whole turbo cars. First of all, you shouldn't get a fmic unless you get a turbo upgrade, because with the turbo 1.8t has, the side mount intercooler is good enough. You should invest your money into a chip first. That would be the smartest thing. I had to learn it the expensive way...
drew

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was planning on chipping it eventually. And yes, I'm new to the german turbo cars, not turbo cars in general.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blahman240:
I was planning on chipping it eventually. And yes, I'm new to the german turbo cars, not turbo cars in general.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said,
Chip
CAI
DV
Turboback should be the first mods done to a 1.8t

1 - 18 of 18 Posts