VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did an SAI delete on my mk4 1.8t hatch, it was all downhill from there. Ever sense then, when I put more then 25% throttle into it while in any gear, I hear a high pitched indicator beep that gets louder the more I get into the gas. So yesterday I drove it to work and after I started it up and drove it home just fine, but when I left the house again, my battery light came on. I was confused and pulled over and popped the hood to see that the battery cables were very loose. Got back in the car and was heading back to the house to tighten the cables when I noticed the ABS and traction control lights were also on. I replaced the battery, car started up fine but the battery light remained on, I didn’t think much of it and drove the car about 30 minutes away. Car ran great. The next morning, battery light was still on, on my way to work about 20 minutes down the highway I noticed battery light came off but ABS and traction control lights were back. Radio cut off, gauges stopped working, and when I got off the highway and to a red light, car idled like hell and sounded like it was dying. So I pulled over and popped the hood to see nothing really out of the ordinary. Car would no longer start at all. I went out and got a new alternator, replaced it. Car would turn on and sort of idle but pretty much sounded like it has a nice cam on it, and would die every now and then. I drove it a mile or two down the road where it is still parked. This morning I replaced the entire brake boost line. Car now idles a lot stronger but every time I hear this clicking noise near the front of the engine, the idle dips down and start acting up, I also have got a very stiff break pedal which leads me to believe the brake booster has gone out. I listened for a hiss near the firewall inside the car but heard nothing. The chassis ground in the fuse box is also melted the plastic around it so I assume there is a short to ground somewhere. Any help would be much much appreciated as this is my daily and I have to get to work and school everyday.
CF65A197-D6F4-49FE-A8C3-AE014FAEBCFE.jpeg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts