VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having bad luck with my 01' Jetta GLS recently. Just spent $185 to have the coolant sensor replaced at the dealership due to sudden acceleration. The turn signal is also out but I don't want to spend the extra $100 to have the flasher replaced. Can anyone help in telling me where to go to buy the part and how to install it? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
what turn signal would you be talking about? the one in your headlight assembly? or the oval one on your side (side marker?) this will help us help you. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I believe the flasher box may be the problem. All the lights work when I press the alarm but when I try to use the hazard or turn signal nothing happens inside or outside the car. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ftom1:
Actually I believe the flasher box may be the problem. All the lights work when I press the alarm but when I try to use the hazard or turn signal nothing happens inside or outside the car. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, it is your relay. Not too expensive thank God. Mine went but my car was still under the warranty. What happened to me, each time I put hazards on, they would work for 10 seconds, then just decide to stay on, or off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts