VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not even sure where to start with this one...i kno someone has had it happen..it sounds like the passenger cv when i turn but it also kinda hums like its a wheel bearing..but then when i ride it clunks and u can feel it in the pedals. when i brake it stops the clunking..turning sounds like theres alot of force on the passenger wheel making it really hard for it to turn but it turns fine...i kno that my ps pump is bad and im getting a new one when i get the money but does anyone has any clue what the problem is

·
Registered
133 Posts
It sounds like a CV going bad. My Jetta chewed threw them like a pack of gum for some reason. replaced both sides, and then the driver's side twice within a year or so. I think I just drove it too hard

You'll find out if it is the CV when the bearings start to roll down the street...they did in mine. Pretty funny cus I was going down a hill and saw them roll in front. Pull back the boot and check out the casing and see what's going on in there.

SERIOUSLY check the lower ball joint. I had one go bad on my spider and it wasn't pretty with the wheel up in the fender. After that I replaced every one on all my vehicles. They are easy and inexpensive to replace on the A2.

If your ps pump goes bad, all you'll have to do is crank it to drive. I would imagine you would feel that at the wheel more so then the pedals.

Also check to see if the disc pad is fine. Sometimes they will jump around making a clanging sound. Make sure they aren't too thin. If the sound stops when you put on the brakes, the pad may be getting too thin. If the pad is fine, there is some stuff almost like double sided tape you can put on to try to keep it from going up and down. Nothing really bad, just annoying.

If you feel it in the pedals, you may have a warped rotor, but I don't think it would make the sounds you are describing. You would feel it and know it if one was outta line.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for all the advice lol..i fixed it and you wanna kno what it was...when they put my new tires on they didnt have the torque wrench set at enuff pounds so the wheel was loose LOL

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
you're lyucky. I woulda went in there and bitched. You coulda been killed. A guy who USED to work at the shop left a ball joint loose one time and it came off when the lady was going down the street. The wheel tucked up under the car and she totalled it. mistakes like that can kill poeple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts