VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty much ready to shoot my car right now, here's my problem, I'm having rough idles during a cold start (temps around -25 right now) it would look like it ready to stall, sometimes the car would start then stall. Plus when I'm accelerating, at times the car would lose power and almost stall. I've read on the forums about adjusting and cleaning the ISV, cleaning the throttle body, checking the MAF, checking the O2 sensoring connected near the MAF. Plus I don't have the stock air box in right now, just an adapter on the MAF with a K&N cone filter. Just want to know what other people's feedback and info is, because it's not really cool driving the car right now, nor is it safe =( TIA Guys!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stupid idle valve....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crap, problems still persists...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Does anyone else have their temp reading on the odometer stay on cold the entire time you're driving? Even after a 1/2 an hour on the road, the needle's glued to the C, though there's no performance problems at all to go with this anomaly. Maybe it's busted?

·
Registered
71 Posts
if its anything like a mk3 it might be that evap line that runs from the fender to the throtle body. thats what use to happen on my jetta before the run in with the wall.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All it does now when I start the car is crank slowly, guess not enough to start the car, I'm pretty much lost. Got a new battery and added anti-freeze for the fuel lines, but still nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I had the exact same problem when it got below -20. My solution? I started the car and let it idle until the engine reached normal operating temp (about 20mins - I know that totally sukked)! Oh yeah, I didn't touch the gas pedal at all during the idle...cuz if I did, the rpms would drop below 750 and stall. Anywayz, I did that for about a week and slowly started cutting down on the idle times. I haven't had a problem since. I know it's not a very technical solution but it's worth a try. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a bad feeling that it has something to do with the distributor, ignition coil, wires, sparkplugs....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts