VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys...I need your help BAD...some time ago i had posted about how my baby doesn't start in the morning...well now she is doing some weird things....in addition to not starting in the morning, while I'm trying to start her and after a few tries....she will kick white smoke back through my A/C vents...it smells like gas...sometimes I gotta open the windows....Then once she is started she will sputter and stall out every time I try to take off and sometimes I get a slight sputter when I'm accelerating and shifting to go faster....she does this still she is completely warmed up.....whats the verdict?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'd redo the whole thing, i mean wires, cap, rotor, feul filter, test the feul pressure to make sure ur pump is working, check ur trans fluid (though i dobout that has much to do with it) check your timing gear and belt cause that could be the cause of it, check your....

put it like this

do a tune up
check your ENTIRE feul system from the gastank to the injectors
check your air intake system as well
and do yourself a favor and start the car with your AC vents closed, cause then you'll get less of the fumes coming into the cabin, also talk to the dealership and make friens with the mechanics (if possible) they may have seen this problem before, i'll talk to some of my friends and keep u posted

good luck

josh

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
when mine had problems starting up last spring i replaced the cap, rotor, and plug and she fires straight up ever since...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well my baby went to the doctor last night and it turns out she has a bad fuel pump so they came and picked her up and shes at the VW hospital getting an operation
Just glad to know what it was. Thanx for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts