VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put a aba bottom end with the 1.8 8v top end in my golf 90 gl 4d and do i have to have the coolent going threw were the oil filter is ?? does it go to the block or can i just block off the holes
since i see it go to this other big black thing in the a3 with a splice in the top raideator house ( i cant spells so try to read )
i just wired up the car today just started doing the radiator and puting in the round lights back on again
thanks for reading

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
the thing on the oil filter flange is the oil cooler. It isn't needed, but is nice to have.

Let me get this straight. Your mk3 motor has the cooler and your mk2 motor didn't?

If this is the case you can get the proper hoses from a mk2 gti. Either way you'll probably have to mix and match.

·
Registered
400 Posts
yeah man keep it if you can factory spends millions on making all that shit work together the mk2 gti came with the same oil cooler so making it work wont be a problem!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh alright i thought it went to the block thanks for the help im ganna just hook it up this summer since it cold as hell this winter

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea my 1.8 didnt have it but it deffent2 golf gl 8v

1 - 5 of 5 Posts