VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I currently own a 2001 VW Golf Chicago Edition 2.0 8v and i was wondering what u guys recommend on modifying the engine to gain more power. Thanks for any suggestions or comments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would have to reccomend the neuspeed supercharger kit. warranty, easy to install, reliable eaton/roots type blower. will give similar perf to 150 hp 1.8 but delivered in a more city friendly manner(no lag) hope you have a manual trans dont know how fun the auto would be but anythings better than a stock 2.0.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx guys really apreciate ur comments. and it is a manual transmission(wouldnt drive anything but that)

one more thing. what kind of exhaust system do you recommend for a 2.0 Mk4.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
the neuspeen sc kit gie you 50% increase which is to be exact 172.5 (had calculator near me
) but yeah, ive been in a jetta that had one, it is REALLY nice and a big kick in the pants. i recomend it, im gonna get one when i get the cash. i also have an exaust and intake and stuff so that will help it feel peppier. but yeah, just do the little normal things first and if ya want to spend the 3 grand on the s/c. go for it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts