VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have about like $800 now and my GTi is completly stock, and i need all you guy' help on wut mods i can get with about $800, i would really appreciate it

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Here are some ideas:

Intake
Exhaust
Chip
Suspension

Those are generally the first few things people do. I would say you might want to start with the suspension, you will get the msot bang for the buck I think.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yeah dude, if you've got the 1.8T, do the chip. It's the biggest "bolt on" mod for the car besides a turbo back exhaust, but I don't think you'll get that for under $800. Also, when you get a chip, make sure you replace your DV. The stock ones can't hold the amount of boost that the chip will push.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i say get a apr chip. and a exahust for your 800 and if you have like 50 bucks left over get a K&N drop in. those 3 mods are the first things you should do. then suspension. Or you can get the suspension and the chip and the K&N. the possiblities are endless!!! well not really but you got some choices

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
well what engine did you get? if it's the 1.8t you could get a chip or a BCS, exhaust, a new d/v, and little left over for a spoiler or some little interior stuff. but if you got the VR6 i would say suspension and exhaust.
jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts