VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I bought my first car when I was 16 years old it was a 2000 VW golf 2.0 engine and it had 75 k miles on it. The car ran great and it served me very well over the years, I am 23 now and i still have the same car, it has 130k miles on it now and there are a lot of things that could use fixing. ***The clutch***, the front windshield, the hood needs a new paintjob, there is a dent in the front right side of the car, there is a coolant leak, the glove compartment needs to be replaced, and the center arm rest needs to be replaced also.

Although i have been driving for about 7 years now i still know very little about cars

The clutch is about to go out and my dad is telling me i should sell it for very cheap and just buy a new car instead of putting money in to fix it all up.

MY QUESTION IS: does anybody think it would be worth it or possible to fix the car up all the way?? any tips anybody has to offer would be GREATLY appreciated

thank you

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
That's a lot of little stupid problems that are easy to fix. Chances are you won't get anything for the car as it sits. Are you mechanically inclined? I mean the 2.0 is a solid engine and if it just needs a clutch it shouldn't be that bad. But as it sits you won't really get much for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a fast learner and ive been looking videos up on how to change the clutch myself but as far as experience goes in mechanical stuff I have none! so I guess ya I am somewhat mechanically inclined....

The little stupid stuff I can deal without fixing but every mechanic I have talked to about the clutch told me it would be like 700-1200 and I don't have that kind of money at the moment

is there any specific clutch that you would recommend getting or method for going about changing it? I really like this car, like u said the engine seems really solid (as far as I can tell) it has never broken down or not started on me. If there is anyway I could fix the car up so that it would not break down for another few years that would deffinetly be my first choice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts