VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've heard a lot of horror stories about the g60's. It would be a wicked engine, but I would be worried about two years from now when the supercharger's crappin out on ya. If your gonna spend all that money, I'd say spend a little more and do a 1.8T swap.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TailpipeSmokeshow:
I've heard a lot of horror stories about the g60's. It would be a wicked engine, but I would be worried about two years from now when the supercharger's crappin out on ya. If your gonna spend all that money, I'd say spend a little more and do a 1.8T swap.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i agree, and people seem to have problems witht he g60s.

·
Registered
526 Posts
g stand for grenade pull pin count to 60
KAPOWWWWWWW!!! have fun..if you want supercharger fun get a rotrex i think it is

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The g6o in my opinion is unfarely bashed. If you take it off once a year and clen it and service it when supposed to and keep the motor under 7000rpm's. It'll last forefer. And it's a good idea to have it built every couple of years. Bahn Brenner sells a bad ass kit too. Putting them together yourself is a bad idea unless you know how to do machining. Alot of things need to be custom made. Check out the g60 rabbit a couple months ago in European car. All the pullies and what not need to be made so everything works together. If you're doing it get a kit. And yes a 1.8t is maybe a better choice in the long run. It's almost as popular a swap as the vr6. Where as a 16v g60 is a lot more rare and with the right mods every bit as fast. Just my $.02

·
Registered
131 Posts
simply B E A utiful! (haha bruce almighty)

Zak

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flukeoff:
simply B E A utiful! (haha bruce almighty)

Zak
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

B E A Utiful is RIGHT! (Also funny movie)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts