VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oi'm in the process of doin lighting mods, (e-codes, euro switch), but for now, i temporarily disabled the daytime running lights, VERY EASILY!!

REMOVE THE LIGHT SWITCH--push the lever in, and turn clockwise, and pull

once it is released turn the switch power off position

To disable the day time running lights (DRL), locate the TFL tab on the back of the switch. Carefully break this tab loose or cover it with a piece of electrical tape. This will prevent the headlights from coming on at %80 brightness during daytime operation

now that this is done, does anyone know the tab for the directionals, so i can jump the DRL tab to the directionals to use them as dayime runners?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
keep in mind you have to remove the harness from the switch, before youlocate the tab, push in both sides then pull apart to remove....

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I think at less then $30 the Euroswith is so much worth it, then what you are trying to do. Also if the cops stop you are toast with the E-Switch all you would do is Click and they are on and tell the officer you headlight switch was in the wrong position.

Also you wouldn't have to worry about the indicators being you daytimers as the E-Switch takes care of that.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GREAT, THE EURO SWITCH IS AN EXCELLENT ACCESSORY, DEF RECOMMENDED, NEXT.. ECODE HEADS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts