VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take off, my 1994 Golf goes briefly...hesitates...then accelerates with no problem. I got new plug wires. Do I have a bad plug? What would cause the brief hesitation?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced them 1 at a time. I know they are on right...and I don't think the car would run if they weren't on there right...

Of course I've been wrong before

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Also check the fuel filter.And do you notice alot of noise from the fuel pump?You could try one step hotter spark plugs as well.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i noticed somethin similar with mine, it idled shitty and didn't run great but it was b/c i was runing regular gas in it instead of a higher octane gas that was suggested on the instructions of my autotech q-chip, gas gets expensive when ur outa a job for over a month so i hadda run with the cheap stuff. im back to using 94 octane now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a new fuel filter. I don't have an aftermarket chip, and regardless of gas, I get the same results.

Guess I'll try Platinum +4s

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well I would have to suggest checking your plugs and wires. I myself had the same issues, and I thought it was a fuel prob. But turned out to be bad wires and plugs. Hope all goes well and have a great Christmas.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope my wires are OK...they're new aftermarket ones...Taylor's is the brand...I really hope I don't have to buy some more...

I pray it's my plugs

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good luck

·
Registered
180 Posts
check for arching in the plug wires... reguardless of whether or not the wires are new, you could have a bad wire...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts