VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, my name is Sean. i am new to this forum but i am an avid member on both ls1.com and shoforum.com. i am most likly gettin ahold of an 87 VW Cabriolet convert and i know nuthin about the car. i have learned with my trans am and my SHO that places like these r the best sources of knowledge for general mantainance and performance mods. i am a vw idiot right now but i hope to learn very much as time goes on abou them. all i know about this car is that its black with white leather and a white top and its a 5-speed. im gettin it for the wife in the summertime and for me to put miles on this winter while my trans am is in storage and my SHO is gettin done being built. i am hopin to get this little vw a little hp boost but nuthin serious. it has a header on it now but i wanna look at some other power adders and some suspension to get it moving and handling better. i love to auto cross and drag race so hopefully the after market is good for this car. any info on this car from specs to mods from u guys is appreciated. thanx a bunch.

later

Sean

[ September 23, 2003: Message edited by: 96lt1 ]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx emily!! i am lookin for things like what size engine is in it to what kinda mods r the best for the money. do these motors respond well to mods?? and how hard is it to find a vw with a turbo say in a junkyard and put it on this car??

thanx

Sean

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 96lt1:
thanx emily!! i am lookin for things like what size engine is in it to what kinda mods r the best for the money. do these motors respond well to mods?? and how hard is it to find a vw with a turbo say in a junkyard and put it on this car??

thanx an 87 cabby is most likly a 1.8 8v. There are alot of mods that can be done. there weren't any factory turboed cars until the new 1.8t so a turbo kit in a junkyard won't be easy. But you really should be asking these questions in the mk1 forum because the cabrio was based off of the rabbit chassis. All the suspension and whatnot is the mk1 style. The engine was used in the mk2's so you can ask questions here. But you'll find your answers easier there. I won't move your post since you wanna know engine stuff too but the suspension i would ask in the other section. Good luck with the car and welcome to vwf.

Sean
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts