VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I Have a 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg edition with around 105k miles. I've owned the car for about 3 years now. Runs great no mods, but I was hoping this year would have been the year to drop some money on it. Maybe upgrade to stage 1, an SRI, new diverter valve, new rims, coilovers too, but a little problem had to rise actually I think its a pain in the ass hate it!!!!

If you guys want to help out here feel free stop by here:
VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: BIG idle problem |Volkswagen Bora
SORRY TO POST THIS HERE IN THE INTRO SECTION BUT WILL B MAKING A THREAD SOON TOO IN THE MK4 SECTION

Not really new to the vdub scene but definitely hoping to keep posting here and keep you guys updated with all the mods I'm hoping to do. Need to get rid of my idle problem first though before I start with any mods.

thanks and nice to meet you guys :chug:

·
Registered
151 Posts
definitely does seem like a vacuum leak. i forgot to plug a vacuum hose back in after rebuilding my head and it did the same thing. get a diagram of the vacuum hoses and go through and check them all. good luck on your future mods

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
definitely does seem like a vacuum leak. i forgot to plug a vacuum hose back in after rebuilding my head and it did the same thing. get a diagram of the vacuum hoses and go through and check them all. good luck on your future mods
Ok great thanks for the feedback definitely will look in to that

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after about a week the car has been performing fine and perfectly. During the weekend I changed the oil, fuel filter and spark plugs too. I also cleaned the TB. So I'm happy now hopefully that was it and I dnt have to hassle any more. I found a nice way to figure out if I have any vacuum leaks probably will do it in the weekend but for now the car is running good.
Now for some coilovers and maybe some 35th anniversary vette wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts