VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here and i thought i would give you guys some backgroud. I had a 94 bmw 318is wit intake exhaust and chip and it was real slow and i beat that crap out of that engine day in and day out till it didnt work any more. =( My mechanic then bought the car from me with a blown engine and i put that money down on a 03 gti 1.8t black wit black leather 5 speed and 17inch rims. I got it last saturday and i love it. Its so quick. I have searched around and found this forum and its great. I used to visit dtmpower.net and bimmerforums.com for the bmw and they were great too. I cant wait to take this beast to moroso down here in south florida, any of you guys around here? Right now my plans are getting a new grill where the vw sign is in the front and a chip but i heard that with a chip i need a new diverter valve or blowoff valve as well, can u guys suggest some chips and bov's to me. I heard good things about the apr but it is very expensive is it worth it? I am afraid about voiding the warranty and hurting the engine. Has anybody has problems with their chip or bov? Does the dealer work with any companies for performance parts with the warranty like steeda and ford or dinan and bmw? I already have 15 percent tint on the car and it looks great. Well just saying hi and asking for a bit of info, ill be sure to contribute anyway i can.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
welcome to the vwforum!! Im glad you are enjoying your new purchase. the guys here are very knowledgable. they will help you with your turbo question. I have a vr6, or I would help. best

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
WELCOME TO VWF!

I have a VR6 myself, but APR is supposed to make the best chip for a 1.8T from what I know.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
From what I understand, you don't have to get a new DV with a chip, but it doesn't hurt. APR is a great chip. most of the chips that are worth a crap area bout the same price. there is a "new" company around called REVO, and they are supposed to just flash program your old chip, and its supposed to be pretty good as well. WU-CHILD is the man to ask about that one. He is also in Florida, so maybe you too could become cruisers. ANyway. Congrats on the new DUB, and don't ride it like you did the bimmer. There aren't any aftermarket matchups with VW like dinan, unfortunately. But there is VW motorsport, which, if you can ever get their catalogue, has a crap load of internals for racing.

Good luck, and post some pics when you get the chance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a website for that revo company? where can i get a catolog for vw motorsport? dealership? how does the 1.8t engine hold up, is it a reliable engine, is it tough or what? Does wu child or whatever have a screen name?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts