VW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so how many of you have ever sat down and watched an installment of Hi-Rev tuners?!?!? OMG, I get a good laugh everytime I watch it!!! Why? Because it is the perfect embodyment of what ricers are all about. Never once do they mention the engin mods, other than an intake and exhaust, spark plug wires, and maybe they'll mention a turbo/supercharger and the bottle!!!! They focus most of their time talking about the "racer look" of the car with it's custom body kit and "big" 17's. Also, and this is the best part, the host's of the show don't have a damn clue what they are talking about, they just read what's put in front of them!!!! Again, the show is a great laugh on a Sunday night. Here's the web-site, I've not looked at it, but for those that don't have Speed TV, I'm sure this will work.Hi-RICE

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I've seen it before. Here are what some of the "Show Stopperz" that they feature!!

jon

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Stupid.

Next week on How to Rice! Top 10 things to add to Ricefy:

1) LED Washer lights
2) Altezza's
3) Chrome Wiper Blades
4) APC Intake
5) Coffee Can Exhaust
6) Street Glow EVERYWHERE!
7) 19" Chromes w/ improper chambers
8) Blue Window Tint
9) Mad Stickers yah!
10) Batmoblie Body Kit

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
well here are some of the ad's that they have on there website.

This is a must!!
Got to have the neons!!
And got to have the Tornado!!

jon

[ October 21, 2002: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMG, they did the funniest thing on there last night. They spoke to a guy from Quakerstate about how often you should change the oil and what type of oil to use for your MUSCLE CAR!?!?!?!?!?! They started showing all these 69 Camaro's and Chevelle's and stuff. I was like "how dare you shame muscle cars in this fashion my putting them on your show!!!!" But yeah, I just wanted to see how many of you guys had seen it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i used to watch that show all the time just because how funny it is. that guy on there, i forget his name but he pisses me off the most. he allways talks about this is "tricked out" suspension and that it has "tricked out" 17in wheels, and how every hatch back is "this is one clean hatchback" and he has NO IDEA WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT! i just dont seem to turn it on anymore. haha well its funny you guys posted about this, twas a good laugh.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I've seen it a couple of times. Your right about the host not knowing what they are talking about. I just hope there's never a VW featured on that show!!!
jon

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heh, it's not like I make my schedule around the show, but I watch it sometimes for about 10 mins just to see how sad those people really are.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
they actually had a jetta on there. looked nice, but should not have been on there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry to be an arse db but in your top 10 you forgot #1 "Im getting..blah blah blah" insert turbo-supercharger-rims-springs-new car-balls.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I caught one this past weekend where they showed a 4-door focus wagon w/ a leer jet engine--- fucking hilarious!!!!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
if i need a good laugh i just turn them on ball my eyes out it is so funny. they think that those cars are so fast even though mine could kick some ass. i know mine isnt the fastest out ther but for most of them, Schnell could kick some serious ass!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hate to be an ass but with these new Honda V-Tecs, especially J-Spec motors, you can't do too much except port and polish, get headers and exhaust. My brother has a 1995 Civic Coupe with a B16A DOHC v-tec, which is from Japan, DC headers, Greddy exhaust, and all the little goodies and he does high 12's. All he has to do is port and polish the heads to get a little more.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>B]Originally posted by seven_deuce72[/B]
My brother has a 1995 Civic Coupe with a B16A DOHC v-tec, which is from Japan, DC headers, Greddy exhaust, and all the little goodies and he does high 12's <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sorry, but I've owned cars with headers and exhaust and I've seen other cars with headers and exhaust and they don't run high 12's. So unless the "little goodies" you speak of consist of forced induction of some kind and/or a little bottle in the trunk, then I'm not too sure of hight 12's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts