VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find a high-flow cat pretty cheap thats a direct fit. Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does $175 seem a little expensive to you guys. I might just go universal and save a lot. What do you think of carsound cats. On ebay they are going for like $50 after shipping. Are they any good or just complete junk. Need input. Thanks again

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by firemaker1:
Does $175 seem a little expensive to you guys. I might just go universal and save a lot. What do you think of carsound cats. On ebay they are going for like $50 after shipping. Are they any good or just complete junk. Need input. Thanks again<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think $175 is decent price for a good quality Hi-Flow Cat. You do not want to skimp out on that part as keep in mind, you still want to pass emissions.

Mine sounds like one of the cars from Colin McRae 3 Rally. As soon as I let my foot of gas at red light nobody wants to race me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The real reason I dont want to pay that much is because Im looking at a ractive header that costs $180 after shipping. I didnt really anna pay more for the cat than the header. That was my only dilemma.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well doesn't look like Ill be getting either. My dad was pissed cause I "wasted" money on my cat-back.(Which is sounding pretty good I might add) I might have to sneak a chip by him tho. They are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
on the ractive note, i have installed several ractive headers on honda's and thats where they should stay.. they one even had crome stuff peeling off before the car left my shop! stay away from that crap... and i have a high flow cat sitting around but i know this isn't the classified forum....

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Ractive WTF come on dude, whats with people buying parts at circit city? Seriously what ever happened to the pure bread german cars, instead of this Magnaflow and AEM, APC, Ractive. Gagg lol sry, if u wanna get a headder try Supersprint or a good brand, and there is other sutff u may want to do befor buying a headder. The 2.0 isnt blowing enough gass to make it to restrictive.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by firemaker1:
Does $175 seem a little expensive to you guys. I might just go universal and save a lot. What do you think of carsound cats. On ebay they are going for like $50 after shipping. Are they any good or just complete junk. Need input. Thanks again<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My friend got a cat off ebay for his car. I'm not really sure from where but when he got it, it was just a resonator. You could see straight through it

Trust me go with a Techtonics, yes it might be more but it will give you less headaches

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Car is now wrecked so no more anything. Thanks for setting me straight. i dont know what i was thinkin. It was a cheap car so i didnt want to pour money into it. But thanks for the help anyway. I think I want a newer gti but dont know whether i want a 1.8t or vr6.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
1.8t! the noises that thing can produce a re amazing, but the vr6 at wop with good exhaust is good as well....that neverending question...1.8t or vr6?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts