VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a high pitch noise coming from my 01 1.8T jetta engine area. My gel-cell battery died after a few months of installing it. I had it replaced and when I turn the key to "on" position I get a high pitch noise coming from the engine area. I also noticed since this started happening, my car has been having random issues as well as dieing on me while driving it on the road.

After an almost accident scare, I've parked it and been on my motorcycle. Well, that was until it got stolen. Soooo, I was forced to buy a new car until I can figure out what the problem is. All VW dealerships in Houston, TX suck at finding the problem. They all say they can't reproduce the issue or that there is no problem and take my money. So, I'm looking for answers on forums. Any help is appreciated.

About car:
2001 Jetta 1.8t (code: AWD)
no after market parts or mods (except the 337 BBS RC wheels)
166,xxx miles
recently replaced sparks, oil changed and new gel-cell battery

What could this be?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I get this sound too, but its not that loud, it sounds like a HID ballast when its running, but a little louder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get this sound too, but its not that loud, it sounds like a HID ballast when its running, but a little louder.
That would be ideal but I dont have a HID kit on the car. Its stock with the 9007SU SilverStar Ultra bulbs. Thanks though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts