VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, am owner amarok ultimate a bit over 2 yrs old...recently did trip around oz...about 30,000 k and towing caravan, all within legal limits...all going O.K. until Rockhampton where I blew clutch...fixed at dealer and told is not warranty...secondly had battery problems where Mackay dealer advised the alternator was buggered...soldiered on the Airlie Beach [home] and phoned Townsville dealer who said "sounds like warranty"...took car to Townsville where dealer said yes alternator is buggered and would order new one...obviously none on the shelf...because I am 300k away I suggested that I go home and get local auto electrician to do the work...they said that should be O.K. ...the alternator that was supplied was faulty so a replacement was sent [I had to pay about $500 for 2 hours work]...This is the crunch...when doing the work the sparky discovered that the car earth was not installed correctly, hence all the problems including a dead battery which was replaced by Darwin dealer but not investigated...I sent all paperwork to VW Aus but was Knocked back...subsequently sent to Aus Office of Fair Trading but declined with answer "the alternator was identified as not a manufacturer's fault and could not be covered under warranty"...they've obviously forgotten about the faulty earth...I've heard that VW Aus are sailing close to the wind and will dodge for cover on occasions like this...my next course is to see a solicitor

1 - 1 of 1 Posts