VW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
at waterfest i saw a car with it and it had it hooked up to like a box of some sort and it looked like it ran it into the intake mani but im not sure cuz i didnt get a close look. i think it woudl work better with stand alone or something though because you have to deal with the maf on most cars

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I thought about getting one off of a mustang hood or like a thunderbird hood. I saw them on a mk2 on vortex and they looked hot. But they need to be functional. Let us see it when you figure it out. I've been thinking of doing somthing of that nature too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey I used a hood from an 80s z24 cavaleir an cut the hole in the hood it does actually servwe a purpose it cools the car down considerably just dont cut too much of a hole under the scoop cause your car will run to cold an stay in open loop I layed the scoop after i cut it to the appropriate size into the valley of my hood I,ll try an send a pic but I,m pretty computer illiterate . but Ill try

·
Registered
526 Posts
cooling the engine yes but not enuff to make a difference...hoods with scoops usually are used for forced induction or something of that nature..as it shoudl be used for something thats going to give ur alot of adds bonuses...more air being forced in...styling of a hood scoop..cooling to an extent and im sure theres more

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
If you're gonna use a hood scoop that goes in the middle It won't do a whole lot. It will cool some but not an extreme amount. The best place for a scoop is right over top of the intake. That way it'll feed coold air right into the intake. If you have a heat sheild and a cone filter a scoop will work well there. But styling wise some scoops look good. Depending on the shape. If they're boxy it looks cool because it goes with the lines of the car. Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
131 Posts
this would be Very original i think. if someone did a custom CAI down in the bumper well, then you put a scoop on the side of the bumper, sleek. idk just dreaming haha.

Zak

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
there's alot of cars that i've seen with a scoop where the front turn is on the passenger side fender. It looks good. And feeds air right in to the intake. Pretty cool

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is this what you wanted?

Sorry its soo big! I can't resize it!

[ August 06, 2003: Message edited by: V6Sleeper ]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i say get a scoop of a old 300zx and then you can cut a hole in your hood and attatch it in there. ive seen it done on a mk4 looks pritty clean. it was off centerd right over the intake.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i like that picture except for the middle scoops. all you need is the side one to feed the intake. i have the q-flow setup and i'm currently losing power because the open design gets too much heat on it. i'm designing a heat shield to go around it. that along with a scoop would help a lot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts