VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has randomly worked off and on for awhile now, but I'm tired of people pulling over on top of me and all I can do is rage inside my car. Chicago drivers are by far the worst drivers I have ever seen. I have the urge to buy 1in ball bearings to throw through peoples windows who run me off the road. (nerd rage over)

Anyways, anyone know were to start with this? Since it worked randomly I'm going to assume some type of loose wire?

·
Premium Member
6,954 Posts
I want to swap my alarm status horn as the challenged duck quack mine makes annoys me. Just trace the wires off the horns in the drivers front corner and wiggle/spray electrical contact cleaner on all connections.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, my dad had a friend who made long trip deliveries alot and installed a train horn in his car. He passed the same town every few nights and would let it rip. Well it ended up making the paper and people started trying to look for old train tracks saying "ghost train strikes again."

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Well first off, use ceramic like the white part of a spark plug on Windows. It's much harder than steel and will shatter Windows with no effort at all.

Second, time for a quad hella supertone install. They are like 50 bucks a set of two. Two will get you middle fingers thrown back but 4 will make them cry. Super simple install too, just use the wires to the stock horn and split them. Once you find and fix the corroded wire of course.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
the challenged duck quack
SO. TRUE. Like a challenged duck and road runner.

haha, my dad had a friend who made long trip deliveries alot and installed a train horn in his car. He passed the same town every few nights and would let it rip. Well it ended up making the paper and people started trying to look for old train tracks saying "ghost train strikes again."
That's awesome. Too bad train horns are so expensive.

Well first off, use ceramic like the white part of a spark plug on Windows. It's much harder than steel and will shatter Windows with no effort at all.

Second, time for a quad hella supertone install. They are like 50 bucks a set of two. Two will get you middle fingers thrown back but 4 will make them cry. Super simple install too, just use the wires to the stock horn and split them. Once you find and fix the corroded wire of course.
Always liked those. Would there be enough room to install 4? If you didn't want them visible through the grille..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm for $60 it's very tempting to try them out. Hide them? Hell I was thinking of mounting them on the hood and attaching a megaphone to them.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Well they are only capable of transmitting their designed single frequency each. so that wouldn't do much.

They are loud. Put them behind the grill. Fuck the scene

1 - 9 of 9 Posts