VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate any help i can get!! Any head unit i put in my 97 Jetta overheats! :-( I used to have an Alpine, that would just shut off after getting too hot, and now i have an Eclipse that makes my cd's crackle after only about 30 minutes! I know it's a tight squeeze inside my dash, but i wanted to know if anyone else had this problem, or had any good solutions for it. THANKS!!! Emley
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,658 Posts
Hmmm. could it be something as just the wiring is messed up? nota strong enough fuse? I'm only so so with stereo systems. just trying to throw some ideas out there.
jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jon! I'll take all the help i can get! I'll start checking all those things and let you know! -Emley
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
i have a 97 golf with an eclipse cd... i have had no problems with it at all. it might be the wiring make sure the ground is solid!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
definitely sounds like wiring, possibly a barely there ground. I'd check this out, cause where there's heat, the potential for a clip or short circuit exists
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much everyone! I'll try checking the wires and let you all know what i find.
-Emley
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top