VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a keyless entry remote from ebay for a 95 jetta but it didnt bring any programing inst. does anybody know how to program it.

FCC: GOH-MM6-101890
DOC: 1409-TC791

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem with my 1998 GTI. I bought a remote at the VW dealer, and the guy at parts told me that the instructions were in the box, but they were in spanish. Good thing my mother is from Spain!! She translated them for me, and it worked. Saved me 60 bucks to have the dealer do it. I'm posting them, to help anyone else who has need for them

First, you need 2 keys to your car to do this.

Take one key, place it in the ignition, and turn to the ON position. Don't start the car.

Get out, close the door, and place the second key in the door lock.

Turn the key to the lock position and hold it till the alarm horn chirps at you. It should do it a few times real quick. Also, the light on the door will flash slowly.

Take the first remote, hit any button on it, the alarm will chirp once, then take the second remote, hit any button on it, and the alarm will chirp twice, and so forth till you program all of your remotes. I think you can do up to 8.

When you are done, turn your key to unlock, the car should then chirp some more. wait 30 seconds, and your remotes will start working.

You have to program all of your remotes at the same time. Once you enter the programming process, it clears out the remote memory, so if you add one, you loose your other ones. So just make sure you have them all there to program.

This worked on my 98 GTI with the Clarion remotes, should work with the hella ones also.

[ January 24, 2003: Message edited by: GTI2pointSLOW ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts