VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black gti and i want to remove the orage reflectors on the sides of the front bumper so that i can paint them black to look a bit more flush and smooth ya kno?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
here you go buddy the complete do it yourself smoked side marker and bumper marker lights

DIY LINK

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot for the quick reply man that was great ill do that first thing in the morning tommorrow.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hey, do you guys know anyone who has smoked their whole tail light like that (with spray tint). I don't like the Hella smoked tails, so I was going to spray tint the whole thing. Is it really hard to get an even coat?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I had a tint before a la Mercedes style, leaving the top portion unpainted. (where the brake light is).

I had 3 thin coats, then clear, buffed it out, another coat of tint, then last clear coat polished to the shits.

I love the Hella smoked tails though and you get more light through the Hella ones anyway. Reason? The plastic is designed to let the light through more one way then the other. Your Tint spray will imitate that effect, keyword (Imitate) as it will block the light from both sides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts