VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
First try unplugging the battery. Leave it sit for a bit 30 mins then re-connect. This may do it...basically you need to reset the ECU. Otherwise do what Homer does. Put a piece of black electrical tape over the blinking light.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually i do have a HANDSPRING PDA. Cna you tell me some things I can do with the PDA and my 97 jetta? Any info would be appriciated.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
HA HA HA, db. That's funny.

If you have access to OBD 2 or to the OBD 2 module for your handspring PDA just read the specific code, write it down and reset.

The Palm module might not work on your car though because I think it only works on cars 98 and up.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Well if your handspring accepts modules in the back, you could get the OBD 2 Module for it but it isn't cheap. Somewhere around $400 or so. My brother has it, but I think it only works on 98 and up models, any car by the way. He let's me use it sometime and I love it. You can drive around and it shows you all the live data on the fly. Sort of like the Skyline GTR that has such toy build in as stock. Freakkin' PS2 cars... hehehe

If you looking for some software for your PDA just search the web for Mr Taxi. There you should find tons.

·
Registered
175 Posts
take it in and get codes cleared, cost alot though but just a suggestion. mine did that and the next time they worked on it i just had them clear it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts