VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I take out the bottom of the back seat in my jetta. I borrowed my mom's steam cleaner to do my house and thought I might as well do my car at the same time. I have the rest of the interior out and now I'm just fighting with the ass cushion in the back. Is there some trick to it or am I just being a dumb ass and missing something obvious?

·
Registered
524 Posts
its quite easy really... just take your time.
just reach in the crack of the seat in the center and pull forward. you can try to work your way in from the sides. but be careful not to pull to hard on the sides or you'll bend the frame of the seat. once the rear of the seat is up from underneath the back rest. there are two hook like things in the front of the seat on top of the kick panel. you're gonnna have to work with it for a bit, jiggle it and just try to work it out. dont be superman and just try to tear them out or you'll bend stuff. i usually hit the front of the butt seat and jiggle the back up and down. you want to hit between the center and sides. the hooks are loctated about where the little plastic pads are that cover the carpet.

·
Registered
524 Posts
ok direct quote from my robert bentley book... (this is how i learned)
"On Jetta models with a single rear bench seat, remove the lower seat cushion by pushing it slightly toward the rear of the car to release the front catches (those hooks), then pull the cushion up and out of the car."

so i guess which ever makes more sense... i forgot to add that intial "push back" of the seat before pulling up.

[ October 27, 2003: Message edited by: projectmk2 ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts