VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They seem pretty nice. VW Performance magazine had a whole big article on it and some of them looked ridiculously nice.

But the real question is what do the owners of the originals think?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like it I also like mine but I like it, yea they coulda changed it a bit to keep the theme but be happy its at least looks like its ancestor..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one...a silver 2008 with the 1.4TSI with 160PS and man, she's by far the best and funnest car I've ever owned! The acceleration won't break your neck but once I got used to driving her, she's enough to keep me happy...she'll do 230kmh on the open autobahn and I've had her all the way up to 250kmh on a long down hill stretch :D Only problem at that speed is the brake fade was horrible and I damn near had to stand on the brakes to get her to slow down...haha ;)

I bought mine back in August of 2010 and she's been really good to me ever since. Up until now that only thing that has gone bad one her was the hatch lock in almost 60,000km. She's just now developed some sort of electrical problem that I'm trying to sort out but I think I'm on the right trail ;)

If anyone has any questions about this model, feel free to hit me up and I'll fill you in to the best of my knowledge :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
So yeah, what's better than owning a Mk3 Scirocco? Owning two of them! :D I recently bought another one...this time a modified 2010 R with 368 HP and man is this thing a beast! I bought it from a guy that had it as a project car to run on the Nürburgring as a Porsche killer. The engine is a fairly stock 2.0L except for larger fuel injectors and is chipped with a Super Sprint racing exhaust. It has a racing clutch, upgraded suspension & front brakes as well as racing seats, a partial roll cage, & 4-point harnesses. I'm a happy man :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice! 2 Mk3 Scirocco? anyone would be happy with that too! by the way, have you done any mods with your cars?
Thanks man and I'm glad you like my cars because I'm crazy about them both myself! :grin2: The silver one is completely stock except for a 30mm and 225/35R18 OZ Racing Superturismo LM wheels wrapped in Pirelli rubber. This is also my winter driver and I do a LOT of snowboarding, hence the box on top :wink2:

The white R is a quite a special little beast though. I bought it as is and have a few ideas of little changes I might make in the next year or two but I pulled the following stat info off a website the previous owner had listed in a website the car was featured on...

Technical specifications*

Base vehicle:
- VW Scirocco R, Year of 2010.
- 2.0 TFSI (CDLA), 265 hp / 350 Nm

Engine / Transmission:
- Performance clutch (Sachs)
- 40% shift (Customworx)
- Intercooler (Wagner)
- Twin Take (Forge)
- High-pressure pump (Autotech)
- Upgrade injectors & tuning to 369 PS / 440 Nm (mcchip-DKR)
- Three inch exhaust system from turbo (Super Sprint) incl Rennkat (HJS)

Landing gear:
- Clubsport 2-fold (KW)
- Support Bearing (KW)
- Anti-roll bars front 28mm, rear 24mm (H & R)

Wheels and tires:
- ATS GTR 9.5 x 18
- Michelin Cup in 265/35 round

Brake:
- VA: GT 6-piston caliper (Brembo), 355 × 32 mm discs with ME20 coverings (Endless)
- HA Series, A06 coverings (Endless)

Outdoor:
- Scirocco R-Cup spoiler in Fullcarbon

Inside:
- Rollbar (Pleie)
- Expanded backseat, some parts laminated with carbon
- Pole Position leather / Alcantara (Recaro)
- Professional 3 FE ASM 4-point belts (Schroth)

Acknowledgments:
- CarSolutions.org (Stefan Kirsch)
- Raeder Motorsport
- HS Motorsport (Markus Schramm)

Theses other photos were of a professional photo shoot done on the car a while back. The only difference now is the small neon yellow highlights and a few more miles under the belt :wink2:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts