VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, looking for some help. I bought a "20AE" front lip for my NA mk4 golf. When I went to install it, the tabs to mount it are completely off. Is it possible I have the 25AE lip? How do I tell? Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
4,053 Posts
I went onto ECS Tuning yesterday and tried verifying the part number but I didn't get any results so I'm not sure what you have there. A google search didn't really help either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it is the 25AE front lip. I looked at ECS tunings 25AE lip and it looks pretty much identical to this one. It has the same amount of tabs on it. They both have 20 tabs to mount it as the 20AE front lip only has 18. Also, the tabs on mine looked to be in the same locations as the tabs on the 25AE lip on ECS tuning.

·
4,053 Posts
I believe it is the 25AE front lip. I looked at ECS tunings 25AE lip and it looks pretty much identical to this one. It has the same amount of tabs on it. They both have 20 tabs to mount it as the 20AE front lip only has 18. Also, the tabs on mine looked to be in the same locations as the tabs on the 25AE lip on ECS tuning.
Then why do the part numbers not match? That's what's confusing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what confused me also. I guess it is possible that the part #s have changed? IDK After doing some google searches, I found some new information also confirms my suspicion that it is a 25AE lip. On the lip it has it as "VW Jubi Golf" on the tag. I wasn't sure what that meant so I ignored it at first. After some googling, "Jubi" is short for Jubilee which means "a special anniversary of an event, especially one celebrating 25 year or 50 years." So I looked up "VW Jubi Golf" front lip and found a bunch of hits, mostly all german websites and found one website with the same part # as mine and it had it as Original 25AE Golf Front lip. So Today I learned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts