VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking to purchase wheels for my mk4 gti, but I'm not sure as i am struggling with understanding fitment, I've tried tried checking fitment industries for a similar setup but with no luck I've seen a lot of 18x8s . Currently I'm looking at 17x9.5 with a 15 offset, I'm mainly concerned about rubbing in the front I believe that I will not have any issues in the rear. Will I able to run 9.5 in the front without any issues or is 9.5s too wide?

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, I'm looking to purchase wheels for my mk4 gti, but I'm not sure as i am struggling with understanding fitment, I've tried tried checking fitment industries for a similar setup but with no luck I've seen a lot of 18x8s . Currently I'm looking at 17x9.5 with a 15 offset, I'm mainly concerned about rubbing in the front I believe that I will not have any issues in the rear. Will I able to run 9.5 in the front without any issues or is 9.5s too wide?

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
The widths of rims can be confusing,tires are measured in metric(mm) Google has a conversion tool if you type in (mm) it gives you inches/ft/etc. if your MK4 has stock suspension, steering and brakes a 19x9 should fit. If you want a wider rim you can get a positive or negative OFFSET or utilize wheel spacers to move the rim mounting point away from the wheel well/struts(front) shocks in the back. I will post some pics of tire/rim size overlays. What size are your stock rims? 16”?,17”? Rare 15”? The tire and rim need clearance for the Calipers/Rotors and lower spring seat on strut assembly.
Bump this thread with Tag if you don’t see pics by 6 pm EST.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This has been covered many ,many years ago . Use the forum search tool . Tire measurements are as follows. First number is tire cross section width at widest point in MM, second is the sidewall height as a percentage of the cross section width, then Rim size in inches or speed rating plus rim size. I.e. 235/45R18, 235/45ZR18.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts