VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now my friends and family are callin me over-obsessive about this issue but I just want to check on something. How many dubs have you owned in your driving life and is that all you've ever bought?

I am personally on my third Jetta, went from red Mk2 to a dk green Mk3 and now a reflex silver Mk4. In between Jettas I waited to even look at anything else till I found the Jetta I wanted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is my first one also and like V33dub_GTI I would only replace a VW with an AUDI.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
on my first. wont be my last also. of corse we would all liek to upgrade to an audi.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i am on my second dub right now. i plan to have an audi someday but i will always have a dub on either my driveway or in my garage. and my kids when i have them, will also have dubs. i a going to keep it in the blood.

·
Registered
10 Posts
it is very much an obsessive thing owning a dub...im on my 8th one...and beleive it or not i still havent progressed beyond the mk I platform....i just love my old school GTi

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crunchy-wrteam:
it is very much an obsessive thing owning a dub...im on my 8th one...and beleive it or not i still havent progressed beyond the mk I platform....i just love my old school GTi<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would love to have a GTI from each generation, an MkI, II, III, and well, I've got the IV taken care of.

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
...but currently only 3 sit in my garage.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slacker...

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I'm on my first here!! I'm sure it won't be my last. And like everyone else is saying, someday i'll upgrade to an Audi someday.
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
oh man, the love for the dub!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
well, technicaly three... I co-owned a 72 squareback for a week, and I have my GTI and my wifes NB. I currently do not consider any other car manufacturers on the same par with VW, so Im stickin with the VWAG. I think the NB may get traded for a Taureg in a year or so, depending on when the younguns start arriving... Me, I want a Audi Avant, pref. A6, but Im also looking at an older cabby or another TypeIII for a project...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Technically I'm on #2. Before I got a drivers license a neighbor gave me a '72 beetle. I've eliminated pretty much every other other car manufacturer except for the Germans. My Acura was a Piece of SH*T; both of my American made trucks fell apart with under 50K on them, so that leaves only the Germans.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I am on 2. I previously owned a mk3 jetta, now I have my mk4 gti vr6. I would love to restore an mk2 golf/gti for a project one day. If the need for another car would come up, I would stay with vw.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
In my driveway I have a 1984 rabbit convertable a 1986 jetta gl and a 1986 golf gl.Inside the garage I have a 1997 jetta gls and my girl friends 1993 cabby.And at a friends garage I have a 1963 beetle.CAN YOU FEEL THAT CAN YOU CAN YOU!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts