VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dumb question. i was wondering how much my car weighs without having to find a large scale. i've been taking stuff out to reduce weight and i want to figure out what it weighed stock.

its an '89 golf gl manual transmission 4 door with a/c.

if anyone knows the answer or possible where i can find the answer, please let me know.

of course, if anyone knows somewhere in central pa that can weigh it for free or cheap, please share.

thanks!

·
Registered
499 Posts
go out to the country on the weekend and find a feed mill. They would have a scale and it will probably be on. If you go late saturday night no one will be around (probably).

I used to live down the road from a feed mill and we used to always weigh our car on beer tours. I had a sad, sad child hood!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well you should be able to find what it weighted when it left the factory by looking at the inside of your door. They should have put what it weighted then.
jon

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Well, according to this months issue of European Car, an 89 GTI weighed 2267 lbs. So I'm guessing a couple hundred more than that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help everyone!

i'm just in an informal competition with my friend who's building up an '81 rocco. he told me to find out how much my car weighed and then see how much lighter i can get it.

by the way, i'm going for speed, not looks. haha!

once i get more work done on it, i'll post some pics.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
go to a truck weigh station and have it.weighed. They'll do it and it'll be real accurate. Unless you mind sitting in line surrounded by trucks that could run over your car if they didn't see you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts