VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this topic is in the wrong place (maybe be in trading post-moderators, please move if it should be elsewhere-thanks.), but I have a question about my tires and wheels. I will be trading my current tires and wheel (vw 5 split spoke w/ sumitomo htr+ 225/50/16)-(as seen in my sig pic) in for credit on my moda r3 wheels and tires (sumitomo htr+, 215/40/17). The current tires have 5500 miles on them, and the wheels are in very good condition-hardly any chips or scratches. The manager at the place I am getting them through will offer me a price on my current wheels and tires. How much do you think I can get for them?? I should be getting them in Thursday or Friday -- I hope??? thanks.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Well I paid $500 for a set of 15" Avus VW OEM wheels w/ a set of Michelin XGTH4's that had about 12,000 miles on them for my winter setup.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping to get at least $650 for everything. (90/tire(which is what I paid for them new), and 300 for the wheels). do you think that is asking too much?? The tires I have are all-season tires, in very good condition (have a little over 5000 miles on them).

[ May 12, 2003: Message edited by: silverGTI ]

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
nah thats not too much to ask! i think it would be a fair price. OEM wheels are hella $$!

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I got a deal on my 97 GTI 5-stars. $100 w/ tires from JaKe (member)

of course one of the tires blew on the way to VT last summer...shoulda checked 'em B4 I left

1 - 5 of 5 Posts