VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys Im back I did a couple of things to my car, put in an intercooler since the original one was shit and had to many leaks. put up a forge 007 diverter valve did a short ram air intake and finally did 3" exhaust all the way back with no cat. Now my question is when I took it to my mechanic him being a racer he told me that I am around 200-215hp Im wondering if that is true:r32:? I do have the AWP engine which is getting 180hp. But he also told me to put a boost gauge since I put in the new front mount intercooler to see how much boost Im putting out and I thought I would get at lest the most 8psi and I shit you not he said I would get 10psi and its true now. Really how much hp am I getting any Ideas I know I have to dyno my car but fuck I live In Jacksonville florida and the places out here at least 50 to 100 miles away to got someplace to see if they dyno my car and most of the time they want you to flash your ecu so they can dyno my car.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
If it's an awp. You dont have any software to change the fuel map. So if anything you probably gained maybe 10. If that. Intercooler really does nothing for boost. If it's too big then you will lose boost pressure.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You have an AWP so stock boost is around 11 psi I believe. As stated before though, you have mods but they won't add much hp. You need a tune to really get that.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
You didn't really change the peak power, you just made the turbo spool sooner which opened up your lower end torque a bit. A tune will push the turbo harder, utilizing both the intercooler (more compression, more heat to get rid of in the intercooler IF it is aftermarket FMIC or bigger SMIC this will be potentially more horsepower than stock because of cooling efficiency) and the lack of backpressure from the 3" turbo back.
The DV will hold the boost better, nearly unnoticeable what so ever unless yours was garbage especially with no tune and low boost.

Not really sure what being a racer has to do with guessing hp per mods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts