VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, first time posting here but I've been around for a little while. Lately I've been having a real big itch to play with cars but as of now I have a Galant and well basically.... it sucks!! and they sell almost nothing for it, which of coarse I didn't find out till afterwards. Anyways, I really want a car that's easy to work with, has decent speed and accelaration, and has alot of parts available to work with. I was going to go with something with a V-8 but I'm not really trying to be heard before I'm seen and I really want something that handles very well. So far it seems like the GTI is what I'm looking for, I really want a fun car, Im not to interested in picking up chicks, I just really want a fun reiliable car. I used to have a 87' GLI and that was a pretty fun car considering it only had about 115hp, I used to make that thing scream on the highway and lets just say I wasn't very nice to it and it never failed me. Anyway just to get to the point, how much can I expect to pay for a decent GTI between a 95' to 98' and what different engines did they come with??? and is it worth looking into a newer year? or can I get about the same results from an older model? like I said.... looks ain't to important and any money I were to put into it would be all engine and suspension and a nice set of wheels. Any help is much appreicated....... thanks!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
hey there are a few options for u. if ur interested in the hatchback style theres the golf and the gti. the golf is the standard model that comes with a 2.0 litre 8 valve. u can find a decent one with somewhat low miles for around 7 to 10 grand dependin on the year and mileage. the gti comes with the vr6 motor which is where u'll be findin more hp. but will hafta pay more for the car. there are a good deal of upgrades u can get for both models. such as, exhaust systems, cold air intake, chip, and u can also get into the cams and other motor modifications. vw has an overall good handling car , with some strut bars u can greatly improve the tightness in turning and handling will be smoother. hope this helps. lata.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts