VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, I'm new to the forum and I am planning on buying a 1.8 GTI manuel with only the moonroof option and 17" wheels. Can you people please advise how much should I pay for down in Southern Cal??

And how much should I pay for a 02 gti with 30k miles that's manuel, moonroof, and the rims.

thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well, the moonroof is part of the luxary package....which also comes with monsoon, tilt, slide, tinted glass, manual sunshade, pinch protection and drivers door power lock...This package is aboug $1,240 extra..
the base price for a GTI 1.8t is $19,250 + $575 destination charge + 17inch wheels $400 + $1,240 Luxary Package.. = $21,465 MSRP is your price!!! Hopefully you could get a price much lower then this!!! Good luck with your GTI!! And when you get it, let us know! Also for a 2002 GTI 30k miles..is bout prob 15g's im not sure.

[ February 09, 2004: Message edited by: GTI 1.8T ]

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
For the new one your best bet is to go to VW.com and build it. As for the used one, I would guess around 14 g's.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I think if you pay over 20K for a 1.8 GTI you are getting hosed.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
this time last year i bought my used 2001 wolfsburg for about 14.5 with 24k miles on it. so i would say 14k or so.
jon

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
If you go new, please make sure to ask for the invoice; if they won't show it to you, leave. After you see it for your particular vehicle, add $250-400 for the dealer "profit". Make them that offer; if they don't take it, go to another dealership. Believe me, I paid $250 above invoice, and if it wasn't for Larson's service I would have gone 10 miles down the road and gotten it for $99 under invoice. Service and their respect for you can make a big difference, so I had no problem paying a little extra for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks all..i think i'm gonna make an offer for 14k to the dealer for the 01 used gti..hopefully i'll join yall soon!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
my 02 gti 1.8t was about $16.900 about 6 months ago with about 19.000 miles on it, it has all the options including power moonroof monsoon sound 17" rims and so on, all except leather , so i don tknow what to say

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My brand new 2001 1.8T was 17.5 My NB 1.8T was 16.

Buy the car that's been on the lot longest and they always make a deal. My wifes beetle had been on the lot for 6 months with a 22K pricetag. My car was on the lot for 4 months, because for some reason nobody here wanted the green one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts