VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a 16 year old driver and I just got a 2009 Jetta Wolfburg Edition. How can I convince my mom to let me get the rims painted black? For some reason she thinks it's a "black" thing to have black rims on your car when in fact, it's not. So, what can I tell her to convince her to let me have the rims painted black? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
just tell her it will look better and spray them with plasti dip( its like spray paint but it can be rubbed off) so tell her if it dont look good it comes right off.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Chrome = black

Black = Steelies from afar

Do something better with that nice car dude. Black wheels are gay as fuck

·
Registered
781 Posts
Pics of car? lol welcome to the forum!
Plastidip would be your best bet to just see if you like it or not. Some do others don't.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
DONT do black wheels on a black car..

it looks like shit.. black wheels look like shit..
and you cant distinquish the wheel from the tire. it just becomes a big black blur. its shit.

if i changed a stock wheel color.. id do a dark gray like a gun metal. or just leave them alone and get some nice after market wheels. or look around for mercedes wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You may need to consult with your mom with full reason why you wants to install back color on wheels and need to ask your mom about the new craze of modification then she may be allow you to do this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
easy tell her, "Mom its my car, I paid / paying for it, and I'll do what I want." Then she'll kick you out and then you can do as you like. lol

But agree dont paint them black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts