VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a VW tech service bulletin mentioning poor AM reception on 2000 Jettas. Usually it's a poor ground or something like that.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before on their dub? Are there any things I can do to narrow down the problem to a particular area. I don't use AM radio too often, but when the Red Sox are playing and I'm in the Jetta, I need to hear what's goin on!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sorry, I haven't heard about that problem. I pick up the Gawdawful Rangers on AM just fine on my '01. I haven't heard much of anyone else havng this problem, but that could be b/c not too many people ever even use AM anymore.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ATPTourFan:
I've found a VW tech service bulletin mentioning poor AM reception on 2000 Jettas. Usually it's a poor ground or something like that.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before on their dub? Are there any things I can do to narrow down the problem to a particular area. I don't use AM radio too often, but when the Red Sox are playing and I'm in the Jetta, I need to hear what's goin on!!

Thanks!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't heard of this specific problem but you might be able to find a service report about it online.

Of Note: you can get antennas wit seperate am /fm boosters from a local car shop like pepboys..or someplace better..for around $30. You might want to see if it helps out. You can always return it if there's no improvement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2000 Jetta and the AM reception sucks. I was going to try a S2000 antenna until the Rice dealer wanted $125 for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really think it's a problem with grounding. There was a Tech Service Bulletin put out by VW in December 1999 related to "AM Radio - Poor or no reception".

So they know about it. There must be a way to address this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts