VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to get a bov sound without buying a bov or forge dv or even an intake? would a panel filter make that noise? I really want that noise but i dont want to buy a bov or dv.
thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dck:
Is there any way to get a bov sound without buying a bov or forge dv or even an intake? would a panel filter make that noise? I really want that noise but i dont want to buy a bov or dv.
thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope...not that I am aware of. A drop in filter will do nothing in terms of sound...it only allows the car to breathe better than the stock filter. Also a DV is not a means of sound either. It is engineered to hold boost better and for a long period of time than the stock DV. (and even that is debateable) If you are looking for the whoosh sound a BOV or CAI are your only alternatives. **Excluding that ridiculous blow off valve sound machine.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dck:
thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. There is no way to really do this without buying a CAI with a piston type DV. I would not recommend a BOV. You can buy a really cheap CAI
here. It is only $69 for the tubing. You will have to buy the filter and breather filter though for it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
thats sweet piping. do you jus rig up a k&n on there and its a cai??

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dubwink:
thats sweet piping. do you jus rig up a k&n on there and its a cai??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
aweosme thats pritty damn sweet!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen some kit with a little speaker that goes under your hood that makes the "BOV sound". Its made for the enthuasist with the non-turbo engine. Thats the info;

Now, editorial time...
Don't do it!

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by supertom9903:
anyone who buys one of those bov sound creators, please include your name and address so I can beat you ass and smash your car. Thanks

Love, Tom
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll also beat ur ass and kick ur car!

those are soo rice it's not even funny!

[ June 07, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's pretty cool i might get one of these.J/K. Why would anyone spend money on somthing like that. It's like putting a 1.8t emblem on your 2.0. Stupid

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the EVOlution Motorsport CAI and also an EVO Diverter Valve I love tha psh sound at every shift and once u let go of the gas it also does it I personaly think its kick azz and I get a lot of attention to my dub. peepz notice me 1 block before I pass them with the psh sound form shift to shift.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if this is what they used for the eclispe in 2Fast2Furious

jon

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89jettawolfs:
It's like putting a 1.8t emblem on your 2.0. Stupid
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to put the 2.0 emblem on your 1.8T
Trick people then race them for money...good way to earn some quick cash!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
You have to put the 2.0 emblem on your 1.8T
Trick people then race them for money...good way to earn some quick cash!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, should I chop off the "T" from my 1.8T emblem to really trick em!?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i think it looks really clean debadged, im gona do that to mine i think. i recently got a kia rio from my uncle, were gonna sell it but he gave it to us. i have a nos sticker, a techademics sticker and a evo tunners sticker. maybe il put a fake bov on it haha. as for the bov sound, jon said his cai kinda sounds liek one.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Hmmm, should I chop off the "T" from my 1.8T emblem to really trick em!?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of chopping things off, I am considering de-badging my dub. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
Speaking of chopping things off, I am considering de-badging my dub. What do you think?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did it to mine. I like them shaved clean....

All you need is dental floss, an old rag, and a can of 3M Adhesive Remover.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts