VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
got a new/used golf gls.....love it, first vw.
i'll have lots of questions, but my first project is to get my ipod hooked up to the stereo via the cd input plug.
i have to order an auxiliary input converter that gets plugged into the back.........so i have to get to the back of the stereo.
how do i do this?
any website with step by step photos?
also how do i remove the tray/cubby above it, i want to modify it so the dock for the ipod slides out and all i have to do is....put the pod in the dock hit the cd button on the stereo & drive!
thanks,

·
Registered
893 Posts
ok what year, and this should have been posted in the mk1, 2, 3, or 4 threads... which ever model you have... but most likely unless you have the special tool, youll need to take it somewhere to have the radio removed

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well, I am not sure exactly what the m4's radio's look like inside, but if it has 2 small holes on each side just go get a metal coat hanger out of the closet and cut it in half. Then shape like a big U then slide it in the wholes and poke around until in unlatches and slide it out, a 5 min. process from start to finish. They do require special tools sometimes though, not sure on this make.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by m of team sand s:
You have to get a tool from vw to remove the radio.I would call a local dealer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i read somewhere that if you have and old credit card that you don't use anymore, you can cut it into to long strips and use that to unlock your h/u.
jon

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You can usually get a key from the dealer for about $15. Using two flathead screw drivers, or coat hangers, etc will work but, having the key is nice if you plan on removing it more than once.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
well here's a step by step guide hooking up your ipod. however, the photos don't show up anymore. CLICK ME

here's how to take out the double din stereo system. maybe the single din uses the same technique?(i'm not too sure) CLICK ME

[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts