VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a problem. i got to take off my steering wheel to get at my windsheild wiper switch. it shorted out and on Thursay it is supose to rain. i am too cheap to take my car to a mechanic so any help here would be great. thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just had to take mine off today to fix my steering lock. First off you'll need a 24 mm socket, I had to pay 12 bucks for one at carquest. So the cover should just come off, I just yanked it right off. Once ya got that off, take off the 24 mm bolt and the steering wheel should just pull right off no problem. I think from there you should be able to get the windshield wiper switch off. Ya should be able to figure it out. Good luck man

·
Registered
526 Posts
if you need to take off the wheel gear youll need a gear puller. those can get expenisve as i recall but i think u shoudl be able to do it without taking the gear off

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i got it all figured out. i went to my local VW parts shop and i guess my problem was caused by dust getting in there an corroding shit. the dude said it was pretty common. so tomorrow i get a new switch and about 30 minutes later, lets hope everything works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts